Salat al-Hajat (Prayer for the fulfilment of a need)
Salat al-Hajah is a prayer offered if one wants Allah Almighty to fulfill his particular purpose or need or want. It consists of a fresh ablution done carefully, followed by a calm prayer in the order of between 4 to 12 units of prayer, then a sincere supplication that states what one wishes to be accomplished and requesting Allah Ta'ala's help in its accomplishment.
Abu Darda (radiAllahu anha) relates that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Whoever performs ablutions well and offers two voluntary rakahs and completes them to perfection will be granted by God whatever he prays for, either immediately or in God’s good time."
[Ahmad - Sahih]
Abullah ibn Abi Al-Awfa Al-Aslami (radiAllahu anhuhim) relates that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). Then recite the following dua: [at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and ibn Majah]
The hadith has some weakness, but it is slight: such hadiths are acted upon for virtuous deeds (fada'il al-a'mal) by general agreement of Sunni scholarship
- Islam in Africa
- News Clip: Investigators: Fort Hood suspect acted alone
- News Clip - Al-Qaida predicts Obama's fall by Muslim nation
- News Clip - Afghanistan: Where empires go to die
- News Clip - What did Ahmadinejad really say?
- News Clip - Shiite financier investments embarrasses Hezbollah
- Sheikh Yusuf Estes
- Dua's and Cures From the Holy Quran
- Lyrics - Ya'adheem
- Salat al-Istikhara (Prayer for asking for Guidance/Advice)
- Lyrics - Farshi Turab
- Dua for Wealth
- Salat al-Ishraq (Post-Sunrise Prayer)
- Salat as-Safar (Journey Prayer)
- Salat at-Tauba (Prayer for Repentance)
- Dhikr - Astaghfirullah - حضرة أستغفر الله