Salat al-Ishraq (Post-Sunrise Prayer)
Ishraq Prayer is a nafl prayer which is performed about 45 minutes (three quarters) after sunrise (according to the Hanafi school of thought) or 20 minutess after sunrise (according to the Shafi school).
A person prays between 2 and 12 units of prayers in multiples of 2.
After completing Fajr salat, one does not move from one’s place and remains there reciting dhikr, tasbih, Qur’an, etc., avoiding participation in worldly affairs until the sun has fully risen (about minutes after sunrise). Then, one stands and offers two or four rakat of nafl. Hadiths are replete with the high merits of this prayer. Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) relates that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) has said that "He who says Ishraq prayers without fail shall have his lesser sins forgiven even though they may be as numerous as foam specks on the surface of the sea."
[at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]
RasulAllah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) is reported to have said that Allah Ta'ala says, 'O son of Adam, perform 4 Rakats of Salat (Ishraq) in the early part of the day. I shall help you in accomplishing all your responsibilities during the rest of the day.'
In another narration of at-Tirmidhi, RasulAllah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) is reported to have said, 'He who performs Fajr Salat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakats Nafil Salat, (Ishraq), he will obtain the reward of one Hajj and one Umrah.'
- Islam in Africa
- News Clip: Investigators: Fort Hood suspect acted alone
- News Clip - Al-Qaida predicts Obama's fall by Muslim nation
- News Clip - Afghanistan: Where empires go to die
- News Clip - What did Ahmadinejad really say?
- News Clip - Shiite financier investments embarrasses Hezbollah
- Sheikh Yusuf Estes
- Dua's and Cures From the Holy Quran
- Lyrics - Ya'adheem
- Lyrics - Farshi Turab
- Salat al-Istikhara (Prayer for asking for Guidance/Advice)
- Dua for Wealth
- Salat al-Ishraq (Post-Sunrise Prayer)
- Salat as-Safar (Journey Prayer)
- Salat at-Tauba (Prayer for Repentance)
- Dhikr - Astaghfirullah - حضرة أستغفر الله